Children’s day is the birth anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru celebrated as children’s day all over India (also called Bal Divas) to increase awareness among people about the rights and education of children.
The 14th of November is celebrated as children’s day Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was the first prime minister of free India.
Pandit Jawaharlal had a great love for children, he wanted to be among them, talk to them and play with them. The children also loved and respected him and called him Chacha Nehru.
Why Have A Children’s Day Celebrations
Children are God’s gift to every parent. They make life more beautiful, bringing a smile to every person’s face they are innocent and fragile, which is why they are celebrated on children’s day.
This day also symbolizes the way childhood should be experienced by us, magical
How to celebrate children’s day:
- Children are distributed gifts and chocolates:
- Verities of competitions are organized like fancy dress, debates, speech related to the freedom fighters, country, and storytelling and quizzed.
- Cultural and social programs like singing, dancing and entertaining with other musical instruments.
- Orphan children can be entertained by distributing clothes toys, musical instruments, stationery, books and etc.
- Organizing some game activities including puzzle, sweet and sugar treasure hurt and etc.
- Underprivileged children are entertained by organizing musical programs by famous musician and speech can health can and per grass.
- Storybooks, school, and friends on this day we celebrate the rights of every child and the importance of giving each one a happy childhood.
Children’s Day Celebration
Children’s day is celebrated every year with lots of organized programs including cultural and fun activities all over India.
Government and non-government organizations, schools, NGOs, private bodies and other conduct variety of competitions as well as events for the children to let them known about their rights and make them happy and TV channels also demonstrate the interesting programs for the children on 14th of November.
Parents take part in this event to make their children happy, they distribute gifts, greeting, cards to their sons and daughters they go on picnic long drives and enjoy the day with the party.
The first ever children day was celebrated in1954. The ideas of a universal children day were suggested by Mr. V.K. Krishna Menon and it was accepted by the United Nation’s General Assembly.
At first, it was celebrated universally in the month of October. After 1959, November 20th was chosen as children’s day as it is the anniversary day when the declaration of the child rights was signed by the U.N. General Assembly.
In 1989th convention on the rights of the child was also signed on that date. However, In India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru birthday was decided as children’s day and is celebrated annually to cherish his love and attachment for children.
Children day is a very important day for the children on this day every child receives chocolates, gifts from the people. They are happy and enjoy the attention they get.
For any other queries about the Essay On Children, you can leave your queries below in the comment box.